BRISK2 is the Biofuels Research Infrastructure for Sharing Knowledge.
Funded by European Horizon 2020, BRISK2 aims to improve the success of biofuels implementation by:
- Helping to consolidate bioenergy expertise & knowledge
- Provide opportunities for international collaboration
- Foster a culture of co-operation
- Lead to new bioenergy research activities across Europe
BRISK2 launched in 2017 and follows in the footsteps of BRISK, which originally ran from 2011 until its completion in 2015, funding numerous research visits across Europe. BRISK was focused on thermal conversion research projects. BRISK2 has a broader scope and welcomes applications from any researcher or team of researchers working in biofuel.
A full list of available rigs including BRISK2 rig codes can be found here
A list of primary partner contacts for Transnational Access (TA) can be found here
Information on how to apply can be found here
BRISK2’s main activity is to fund researchers to access biological and thermal biomass conversion facilities. BRISK2’s research partners are also collaborating on research work packages, including:
- Integrated multi-scale characterisation of new feedstocks
- Advanced measurement techniques
- Innovating bio-refining approaches for sustainable bio-based products
- Development of system simulation tools for comprehensive modelling of biomass conversion and biorefinery