Applications for placements in November 2018 – May 2019 are now being accepted
Next proposal deadline: 1 October 2018
BRISK2 provides free-of-charge Transnational Access (TA) to research and testing facilities across the BRISK2 network, comprising 15 partners and their installations. Any researcher meeting the eligibility criteria can apply to visit any of the project partners located outside of the country in which they currently work or study.
Applications are accepted year round and are pooled for assessment twice per year until 2022 according to the following dates and access periods:
|Access Period||Application Deadline||Evaluation Process||Notification|
|November – April||1 October||October – November||15 November|
|May – October||1 April||April – May||15 May|
Individuals or teams of researchers are eligible to apply. BRISK2 will cover the cost of travel and subsistence up to the value of 1200 Euros. Applications for Transnational Access are welcome from across the world. However, the number of TA grants available to non-EU/Associated States is limited. The majority of grants are available to applicants from organisations located in the following eligible countries:
EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
H2020 Associated States: Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, FYR Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey and Ukraine.
Applications for TA must fulfil strict eligibility criteria:
- Minimum qualification level required is Bachelor of Science (BSc) or equivalent in a relevant Science or Engineering Discipline
- Applications for TA can only be made to host organisations/project partners located in countries outside that of the applicant’s own organisation
- Priority will be given to applicants who do not normally have access to similar research facilities within the country he/she is based
- Priority will be given to first time applicants
The key points for reimbursement of travel are:
- A maximum rate of 1200 Euros will be applied to each visit (not per person), covering airfare, lodging, meal allowance and local transportation for eligible applicants or teams of applicants
- All original receipts, boarding cards, e-tickets and electronic booking confirmations must be retained and submitted as evidence to the host organisation who will arrange reimbursement.
- Expenses will be reimbursed after the project report has been submitted. The time frame for reimbursement is normally up to 3 months.
Eligible researchers are invited to submit proposals for Transnational Access (TA) via the BRISK2 website according to the following process:
1. Expression of Interest – Identify the host organisation/project partner and rig to which transnational access is desired. The full list of available facilities and rig codes is here: Rig List. Contact the project partner directly to discuss the viability of the visit. The full list of BRISK2 host organisation/project partner contacts is available here: Partner Contacts
2. Complete Application Form – Complete the Transnational Access Application Form, which is available here: Transnational Access Application Form. Email your completed form to the host organisation for comment and approval.
3. Submit Application Form – After it has been approved by your host organisation, submit your completed application form to the BRISK2 Project Coordinators at KTH using the online submission form below:
Once applications for TA have been received by KTH, they will be assessed for eligibility and submitted to an independent evaluation panel. Applicants will be formally contacted directly by KTH and advised if their application has been successful.
Should you wish to contact BRISK2, or enquire about the progress of your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications for Transnational Access (TA) are assessed for selection by an evaluation panel, comprising at least two BRISK2 researchers and two independent external experts from the following list:
|Alba Dieguez-Alonso||Technische Universität Berlin (TUB)||Germany|
|Alla Silkina||Swansea University||UK|
|Eva Thorin||Mälardalens högskola (MDH)||Sweden|
|Hailong Li||Mälardalens högskola (MDH)||Sweden|
|Ian Watson||University of Glasgow||UK|
|Johanna Mossberg||Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE)||Sweden|
|Kentaro Umeki||Luleå Tekniska Universitet (LTU)||Sweden|
|Muhammad Raza Naqvi||Mälardalens högskola (MDH)||Sweden|
|Serge Biollaz||Paul Scherrer Institut (PSI)||Switzerland|
|Xiaoyan Ji||Luleå Tekniska Universitet (LTU)||Sweden|